New-age visionary Brandon Taylor is an artist we are blessed to have on our NOVO team. Brandon is a lifestyle photographer based out of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada that has been shooting for just under a year. He runs a Canon 6D and his favourite piece of glass is a 50mm.
We can’t quite peg down what he does best. He’ll post the perfect landscape photo, then follow up with a portrait that speaks stories. Along with a sponsorship from VSCO, Brandon’s growth can be followed through each new Instagram post he makes as he further defines his style and manages to capture the energy of each environment.
All that we know for sure, is that we get excited when he tags us in a photo.
It’s near impossible to get these guys to share their secrets with us, but Brandon gave us some insight on his top 5 tricks for becoming a successful photographer.
- Learn about your camera before shooting. A lot of people think just because you have an expensive camera means you can go ahead and shoot anything but thats not the case. Put your camera in manual and learn how to self handle your settings.
- Be different. Photography is such a beautiful thing but it's starting to become very popular. Do something that separates yourself from the rest. Be weird.
- Learn Lightroom and Photoshop. Both of these applications I use with every photo I take. This will help take your photo to a whole new level and will help with the creativity side of things.
- Utilize Instagram as much as possible. Instagram is a huge platform for photographers. Use it daily, post religiously Monday-Thursday. The weekends aren’t a good time to post.
- Understand that this is a process. You will fail over and over again and constantly compare yourself to other photographers, everyone does it. Realize that it's okay to fail and that this isn’t an overnight thing. It will take a lot of practice and a lot of tutorials but that’s okay, it will come and it is so worth it when it does.