The Suffield - FV432 1968 Edition
$ 2,599.00 CAD
This unique piece of 1968 history built to protect and save the lives of men and women travelled the globe in its endeavours. In the 80’s it began service with the oldest tank unit in the world- the 1st Royal Tank Regiment (1 RTR) of the British Army. It finally came to rest in Ralston, Alberta, Canada as part of the live fire training exercises conducted by the British Army Training Unit Suffield (BATUS). What was once a Fighting Vehicle (FV432) has been repurposed into the live edge dial of this timepiece to continue its heroic endeavours alongside you.
The strap is equally unique. It is made from a vintage Royal Air Force (RAF) GQ 60 ft. utility parachute deployment bag. This was an issued stock item and not war reserved. It was serviced at RAF Hullavington, Wiltshire and dispatched to 47 Air Dispatch, RAF Lyneham for deployment from C-130 Hercules of RAF Support Command for heavy drop. It has four layers, bonded together with flexible polymer, making it waterproof, strong and probably one of the most pliable canvas straps available. Stitched in a light coloured thread with two canvas keepers, it is made to fray and wear slightly over time.
With each purchase of the Suffield $100 will be donated to Wounded Warriors Canada (or Wounded Warrior Project in the USA).
- National Stock Number (NSN) - 2350998932406
- Equipment Registration Mark (ERM) - 04FA82
- Manufactured in 1967/1968 in Redditch, Worcestershire, England.
- July 1, 1969 began service
- April 2, 1985 joined 1 RTR as a support vehicle for the Chieftain battle tank
- Serviced in Wetter, Germany December 1976
- Serviced outside Dorthmund, Germany November 1990
- January 18, 1992 transferred to BATUS to be used as a target for the British Army during live-fire training
- The 1 RTR was forged in the adversity of WWI and is the oldest tank unit in the world. It has been deployed on all major conflicts since the end of WWII earning a reputation for fearlessness and professionalism. As part of the regimen for 5 years this FV432 probably rubbed shoulders with some of the best tanks and tankers of our time.
- FV432APCs are the Swiss Army knife of vehicles as they can be converted into infantry, recovery or command vehicles, 81mm mortar carriers and ambulances using installation kits. Being fit for turrets is also a possibility.
- Movement: ETA 6498-1 with options of standard finishing or hand-engraved finishing
- Edition: Limited Edition of 20, individual numbered pieces x/20.
- Functions: Manually wound, 18,000 beats/hour, 46 hour power reserve, hours, minutes, sweeping second hand at the 5, incabloc shock protection.
- Case: Stainless Steel, 42mm (not including crown), 9.6mm height.
- Caseback: Stainless Steel, secured by 4 stainless steel screws.
- Dial: Live edge of the actual FV432.
- Hands: White hour and minute hands. White second hand.
- Front Crystal: Sapphire
- Back Crystal: Sapphire
- Water Resistance: 5ATM
- Band: Repurposed military deployment bag. See full description above in the second paragraph.
- Packaging: Custom cherry box. Made in Canada.
- Warranty: 2 Year Warranty
- Guarantee: We offer a one week compliment guarantee. If someone doesn’t love your watch within one week of wearing it…you’ve probably never left your house.
- Build Time: Approx. 4-6 weeks
- Love Time: Approx. forever
For more information, images, stories and videos GO HERE